THIRD ANNUAL TRUNK OR TREAT COMING OCTOBER 25TH
The third annual event will include hot dog supper, costume contest, inflatable, trunk or treat, and trunk contest. Dinner will be a nominal cost of $1 per person. Watch for your opportunity to purchase tickets to give away to friends and neighbors! Dinner includes a hot dog, chips, cookie, and drink. The schedule is as follows:
- 4:15pm: Lower parking lot open to early arrivers for trunk decorating.
- 5:00pm Inflatable Obstacle Course Fun begins
- 5:15pm: Dinner and fellowship begin in the Fellowship Hall. Dinner will continue to be served until it’s all gone.
- 6:00pm: Costume Contest in Fellowship Hall
- 6:15pm: Trunk or Treating begins and trunks will be judged for contest
- 6:40pm: Winning trunks announced
- 7:00pm: Clean Up
Containers will be available throughout the church in the month of October for candy donations. Trunk providers can also bring their own candy if they wish.
CHILDREN’S LEADERS ENJOY A WEDNESDAY NIGHT BREAK IN OCTOBER
Our wonderful team of children’s leaders worked a lot of overtime during Unbinding Your Heart and they have earned some much needed Unwinding Your Mind time. With this in mind, there will be no children’s activities or childcare provided for Wednesday nights in October. We look forward to seeing everyone at Trunk or Treat on October 25th. Thank you to all of our leaders who work so tirelessly to provide guidance for our children as they grow in God.
CHILDREN’S ADVENT PROGRAM – WITH EVERY CHRISTMAS CARD I MAKE
Our annual Children’s Advent Program will take place on Sunday, December 3rd, during the Sunday School hour. The children would once again like to invite friends and family of all ages to join in the fun. Our program this year is “With Every Christmas Card I Make.” We welcome singers, dancers, musicians, dramatists, baton twirlers, spoon players, and everything in-between to be a part of this cavalcade of living Christmas cards. Rehearsals will take place on Wednesday nights in November (November 1st, 8th, and 15th) and on Sunday mornings in November as needed without taking away too much Sunday School time. We will also have our dress rehearsal and Parent Night Out on Friday, December 1st from 6pm – 10pm. Rehearsal time will run from around 6:30pm – 8:00pm that night and we would like all participants to attend. Please sign up on the board outside room 8 if you would like to be a part of this fun and meaningful program.
SUNDAY MORNINGS WITH THE COVENANT KIDS
We all enjoyed our Unbinding Your Heart series and now we will move on to our regular Sunday morning activities with the Covenant Kids. Here is a schedule of what we have to offer for our journey to discipleship:
- 8:15am: Nursery open to children 2 and under for entire morning
- 9:00am: Children’s Church for 1st – 5th graders in room 8 (Kindergarten also welcome)
- 9:00am: Kingdom Kids for 3 year olds through Kindergarten in room 13
- 9:35am: Praise and Worship Music in room 8 for ages 3 through 5th grade
- 9:45am: Sunday School for 3 and 4 year olds in room 13
- 9:50am: Superbook Academy for Kindergarten through 5th grade in room 8
- 11:20am: Kingdom Kids for 3 year olds through Kindergarten in room 13
UPCOMING DATES YOU NEED TO KNOW
Sunday, October 1st: Fun on the playground during Sunday School hour
Sunday, October 8th: Fall Sunday School resumes for Children’s Ministry
Wednesday, October 25th: Trunk or Treat
Sunday, October 29th: Children’s Fashion Show for Covenant Market
Wednesday, November 1, 8, 15: Advent Program Rehearsals (6:00-7:30pm)
Sunday, November 5th: Children Salute to Veterans of U.S. Armed Forces
Sunday, November 12th: Covenant Christmas Market
Friday, December 1st: Advent Dress Rehearsal and Parent Night Out (6-10pm)
Sunday, December 3rd: Children’s Advent Program during SS Hour
Sunday, December 10th: Birthday Party for Jesus during SS Hour