Adults, Children, CHORDS Newsletter, Discipleship, Family, Fellowship, News, Outreach, Worship, Young Adults
This page will be updated weekly to reflect upcoming events at Covenant Presbyterian Church. If your event has not been listed, or you need assistance with advertising your Covenant event, please contact Stephanie Yaffee at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Month of October – HAP food needs this month include cereal, soup, canned fruit, Vienna Sausages, Chef Boyardee, peanut butter & jelly, saltine crackers, dried beans (1lbs bags), bar soap, toilet paper, and spaghetti sauce & noodles. Donations can be placed in the shopping cart in the hallway leading to the Fellowship Hall.
- Month of October – Fall Festival Needs: Covenant’s Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat will be Oct 25th from 5:00-7:00PM. We are in need of bags of candy and craft supplies. Please drop donations in the blue bins outside of the Fellowship Hall. Check the Chords for our Fall Festival Map to know where are the activities are happening and where to park!
- September 30th – Men’s Disc Golf at Mastin Lake Disc Golf (3317 Watson Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35810) from 9AM-12PM.
- October 1st – Our Fall Book Sermon Series on Simply Christian is happening. Join us each Sunday to dig deeper into this study.
- October 2nd – 6th – The Preschool will be closed for Fall Break.
- October 6th – Youth Mini Retreat Day. There will be hiking, food, relaxing, and fellowship, Marcus Nobles will be speaking – and dinner will be catered by Taco Mama! This is for 6th – 12th graders. RSVP to Shawnda by October 1! The cost is $15 a person.
- October 11th – Calling all 6th- 12th graders! Youth Group begins! Join them every Wednesday from 6-8pm for their new series “IDENTITY.”
- October 14th – Come join us at Next Step Farms at 9AM to serve this great place in our community.
- October 17th – Dr. Amanda Ragland of the Vine Pastoral Counseling Center will give a presentation on “Anxiety and Spiritual Well-Being” at Covenant at 6PM on October 17th come learn about this important topic and make friends with our congregational care teams.
- October 21st – There will be a Men’s Breakfast from 8:30-10:00am. Come hungry and enjoy the fellowship.
- October 25th – Fall Festival from 5:00-7:00pm. This year we will have Chickfila, Apple Cider Station, Inflatable Obstacle Course, and Trunks with Crafts and Candy. We need volunteers for trunks, inflatables, and hot cider tables. Here is the link to volunteer: https://covhsv.breezechms.com/events/volunteers2/325566843
- October 29th – Hunsicker Celebration & Reception – Join us as we celebrate Dr. Dave, Barbara, Felicity, and Ezra Hunsicker in the Fellowship Hall at 11AM.
Things to Know
- Help feed the youth! Our Youth Group is in need to meals on Wednesday evenings beginning September 6. Interested in helping? Please click HERE to sign up.
- Covenant is hiring! We are looking to hire a full-time Director of Youth and Family. Please click HERE to find out more.
- Covenant Preschool is in need of a substitute teachers! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Can’t decide which small group to join? Want to host your own small group? Email our Director of Engagement, email@example.com.
- You can join a small group by clicking HERE.
- See what small groups are available by clicking HERE.
- Do you enjoy working with children and teaching them about the Bible? Covenant is looking to expand its Sunday morning children’s ministry team! If you are interested or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Covenant is in need of nursery workers for Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and for various church events. Interested in more information? Please contact email@example.com.
- Ridgecrest is in need of reading mentors. Volunteer time is 30 minutes per week. Volunteers of all abilities are needed, but those who are able to speak Spanish are especially encouraged to help. Please contact Jane Sucic, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details.
- Meals on Wheels is looking for drivers who can help when the need arises. If you are interested in becoming a substitute driver, please contact Carol Westra at email@example.com
Sunday Small Groups
Children’s Choir is 9:00 – 9:15am. Children’s Sunday School is 9:15 – 9:45am.
Nursery coverage is 8:45 – 11:30am.
Below is a list of the adult classes that are available Sunday mornings 8:45-9:45am:
– Bible Class (Room 102) is doing a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel according to Mark.
– Faith Fellowship (The Chapel) will be studying the Gospel of John.
– Koinonia (Room 104) is studying the Gospel of John.
– The Life class – This class meets by Zoom from 8:15-9:30am Sunday mornings. The series they are currently studying is called Skeptics and Believers: Religious Debate in the Western Intellectual Tradition.
– Simply Christian Study (The Atrium) – Join Dr. Dave Hunsicker for this special study to go along with our Fall Sermon Series Simply Christian. This study is intergenerational: middle school through adults are invited to attend! After the lesson, there will be age appropriate breakout sessions for discussion. (This study will run from September 10 – October 29)